A reverse mortgage has become a helpful and viable option for many senior citizen homeowners. The proven benefits to seniors include the following:
- You can enjoy your retirement to its fullest potential.
- The financial arrangements will provide a peace of mind and financial freedom for recreation and leisure.
- You will be able to augment your existing retirement income.
- You will have access to tax-free cash.
- There are built-in safeguards to protect you.
- The interest rate on a reverse mortgage is capped.
- You will be able to know all of the costs involved up front.
- It is generally easy to qualify.
Let us answer a couple of common objections to reverse mortgages:
- You are NOT giving your house to the bank.
- You can NOT get kicked out of your house as long as you keep your house insured and your property taxes current.
- The loans are generally NOT expensive.
- You CAN still leave your house to your children or your estate.
- You are NOT stealing from your children’s inheritance.
For more information on how a reverse mortgage may benefit you, contact one of our offices in Sacramento, Roseville, or one of our other northern California locations.
The information above is not guaranteed to be accurate and does not represent the opinions of Guild Mortgage Company.